2008 Comedy Rated R
|In Theaters||April 25, 2008|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||July 29, 2008|
|On DVD||July 29, 2008|
Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo marks the triumphant return of these two hilarious, slacker anti-heroes. The movie stars John Cho as Harold and Kal Penn as Kumar, two stoners who can't seem to get a break. Their last adventure found them traveling across country to find a White Castle hamburger in order to satisfy a weed-induced case of "the munchies."
This time, the boys get themselves in trouble trying to sneak a bong onboard a flight to Amsterdam. Now, being suspected of terrorism, they are forced to run from the law and try to find a way to prove their innocence. What follows is an irreverent and epic journey of deep thoughts, deeper inhaling and a wild trip around the world that is as "un-PC" as it gets.
Rated R for strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, pervasive language and drug use.
Box office gross: $38.1 million. View box office history.
Released by New Line. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Harold & Kumar' crushes it in first 'Christmas' trailer
- Warner Bros. releases images from Winter slate of films
- One more thing: Our 10 favorite movie stingers
- 'Harold & Kumar 2' goes interactive for DVD release
- The best movies of 2008 that you don't know about yet
- 'Harold & Kumar 2' gets trailer, generally speaking